By Gertrude: As a psychic, I often have clients who are in an emotionally distant phase of their relationship. You know in your heart something has changed. Your partner has become distant. It’s not the big things, it’s the little changes that you feel. Relationships have a natural ebb and flow. It’s important to recognize the signs and how you can deal with the situation.
1: Your partner is low on energy and somewhat down or depressed. This is common when someone is under a lot of stress. Stress plays a big factor in all of our lives and we learn to deal with it in our own unique way. There a many reasons for stress from financial to emotional. With practical matters, often this is a matter of time and patience. Understand that you just need to respect each others differences and responses to outside influences. Now is the time to purpose your own goals and not your partners. When we put other’s needs and problems before our own. We deplete our own goals.
2. Your partner runs hot and cold. One minute they are pursuing the next they are avoiding. Often with little communication, explanation or acknowledgment. This is a very hurtful and confusing time if it’s happening to you. It’s hard not to take it personally. Or to be needy. At the same time, you want to be shown respect. It’s often the case that the person shutting down feels that the relationship is moving too quickly. It may be just a time to slow down. Try not to go into pursuit mode. Like flight and fight we can emotionally go into pursuit or flight mode. Take the time to get grounded.
3. Time alone can be frustrating when you are in a relationship. We all need it, some just more than others. It’s a natural part of being human. This is always a great opportunity to nurture yourself. Two people being independent can still form a very loving and long-term commitment. Giving each other healthy space often makes you stronger. Time alone for ourselves is crucial to good health, emotionally, physically, spiritually and soulfully. Learn to enjoy your own company.
4. You’ve lost that loving feeling. This is often a sign to reconnect. To take yourself or yourselves out on a date. Communication is key here. But it’s important to note that conversations aren’t an interrogation or an attempt to resolve it immediately. Take the time to listen and engage in what is meaningful and important. This is a heart aching period to endure. However, you too can identify what it is that you need for you. A time to plant some seeds in your own garden.
5. You have found yourself in a cycle of criticism. The communication is angry and accusing. It seems like you can’t do anything right. So. be the first one to change. Be strong and know that if you are going to get in an argument or you aren’t speaking, spend time to nurture yourself. Do something that creates time for you. Work on feeling hurt and resentful. Don’t allow their anger problems become yours. It’s also a good time for talk therapy. So chat with a friend, someone you can trust or a professional.
We can’t make other people change. We can only change how we react to situations. Remember to recharge your own battery. That relationship can drift in an emotional sense. You aren’t responsible for someone else’s personal happiness. Take this time for you.
All the best,
Latest posts by Gertrude (see all)
- 5 Steps On How To Get That Promotion - March 20, 2019
- The 5 Signs: What Are His Feelings For Me? - February 22, 2019
- How To Find Your True Love for the Chinese New Year - February 4, 2019